Okay, the obvious answer is that they are a source of referrals. But, there are other reasons that it is important for you to take care of your customers.
- It costs five times as much to get a new customer than to keep a current customer.
- Customers will spend more money for the same product if they get better service.
- 98% of customer interactions go more quickly if you have rapport with your customer.
- Upset customers will tell 10 to 20 people that they are upset.
- Happy customers will share their experience with 9 to 12 people.
Those five facts should give you reason enough to take care of your customers. Let me put this into a dollars and sense approach for you:
- You save money by keeping current customers happy
- Customers will pay you a higher hourly rate if they are happy
- Quicker transactions means you can get on to other customers
- Keeping customers happy limits the bad PR your firm may get
- Happy customers will refer you new customers
You should take care of your customers because it is the right thing to do. However, beyond that, it will save you expenses and increase your revenue. Even if you are a bottom line type of person, then you should realize the benefits to keeping customers happy.