While driving around over the last few days, I have seen some really bad driving. This has been especially troubling with some of the recent cases that I have had in my office, including seeing a fatality. People need to slow down and drive seafely! So, with that in mind, I am going to give you my "Top 10 Driving Don'ts" from just this last week:
- Do not eat soup out of a bowl with a spoon while driving. How, exactly, do you hold the bowl, the spoon, and steer at the same time?
- Along those same lines, do not eat that hot fudge sundae until you get home!
- Do not turn left from the far right lane. You can always turn right, then make a u-turn and go straight to get to the same point - and it is safer.
- Do not tailgate the big rig. As his mudflaps say, if you can't see his mirrors, he cannot see you.
- Do not drive at night with your lights off. How is anyone supposed to see you, Mr. Black Sports Car?
- The curved freeway on ramp with 1 lane has 1 lane for a reason. Do not pass someone in the shoulder.
- The police officer who is following the speed limit will pull you over when you pass him going more than 10 mph faster than he is going.
- This is a special one for the ladies - do not put on your eye makeup while driving. Please?
- For the guys - do not comb your hair with both hands.
- Knees were meant for moving your legs, not driving!
If you have any driving don'ts, please share them. I am anxious to hear what you are seeing.